Within Siirtec Nigi’s organization, the candidate will be in charge of one or more Projects and will be under the direct supervision of the Head of Machinery and Package Engineering team. The candidate will be responsible for the preliminary design, technical evaluation and vendor follow-up of rotating equipment and packages such as centrifugal and volumetric pumps, blowers, fans, compressors (volumetric and centrifugal), compressed air skids, chemical injection packages, loading arm and similar items.
The candidate will perform the following main activities:
- Conceptual selection of rotating equipment including type, predicted performances, interfaces and layout;
- Analysis of Project Specifications in order to understand job requirements and identify potential inconsistencies or criticalities to be brought to Client attention;
- Basic design of equipment aimed at issuing material requisitions and mechanical data sheets for market enquiry;
- Technical bid evaluation phase, during which the Machinery and Package Engineer serves both as technical specialist and focal point for the process. This phase includes review of vendor proposals to ensure compliance with material requisition, interdisciplinary coordination to collect contributions from other departments, issue of technical clarifications, interfacing with vendors, meeting attendance and issue of Technical Bid Evaluation to procurement to identify acceptable proposals.
- Vendor follow-up: in this phase the Machinery and Package Engineer is still both a technical specialist and focal point, working as day-by-day interface point with Vendor to ensure a smooth technical execution of the contract, ensuring compliance with Project Specifications and international standards. This activity involves coordination with other departments and exchange of information with other teams to provide proper interfaces and integration of the equipment within the overall plant or unit;
- Support to Tendering and Sales team during proposal phase, with the aim to obtain preliminary technical quotes and deviation lists or investigate alternative technical solutions;
- Support to site team during installation and commissioning activities, including troubleshooting and problem solving.
The candidate must have a basic knowledge of the following equipment and related international standards used in the Oil & Gas and Refining sectors:
- Pumps (centrifugal and volumetric);
- Air generation packages;
- Chiller packages;
- Chemical injection skids;
- Loading arms.
Education: Master (5 years) University Degree in one of these specializations: Mechanical Engineering, Thermodynamics Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Energy Engineering.
Professional experience: at least 2 years of experience in Engineering and Contracting companies or in machinery/package vendors technical offices is a plus.
- Attitude to work in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Attention to details without losing focus on the big picture;
- Problem solving;
- Open-minded, multi-disciplinary and out-of-the-box approach;
- Willingness to learn and build a strong technical background;
- Microsoft Office suite basic knowledge.
Language: good knowledge of English (written and spoken).
Other requirements: availability for short business trips abroad.